ESSENTIAL OILS FOR PAIN
There are many essential oils for pain relief, and people who use them seem to heal more quickly than others. Some essential oils have analgesic properties, which means that they have shown to relieve or reduce pain, as well as anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic properties.
This list is not conclusive as there are many more essential oils that can help relieve pain, but I’ve concentrated on the more familiar ones.
- Lavender - This is probably the most famous essential oil for pain relief and relaxation. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and sedative properties and it helps to relieve muscle tension and spasms, joint pain and headache. Lavender is also one of my top 5 essential oils for allergy relief.
- . Clary sage - Has calming and soothing properties, as well as anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. Helps to ease muscle tension, spasms and PMS pain.
- Frankincense essential oil - Frankincense is considered the most power anti-inflammatory oil that you can get. Being a power house against inflammation is a major factor in relieving pain of any sort. Frankincense Essential Oil will also heal and regenerate tissue. What an amazing natural remedy.
- Sandalwood - Often used to treat muscle spasms, lymph node congestion and sciatica. The oil is also effective in relieving many skin irritations as poison ivy and insect bites due to the anti-inflammatory nature. Sandalwood Essential Oil is great for pain with its refreshing feel to the skin. The oil smells rich and earthy and promotes deeper sleep with a calm state of mind.
- Ginger - Can ease back pain and improves mobility. Can be used to treat arthritic and rheumatic pain, muscle pain and sprains.
- Wintergreen - This is not a well known essential oil, but it’s very effective to treat painful conditions including headache, nerve pain, arthritis and menstrual cramps. This essential oil is created by steam distilling the leaves, and it contains a very high percentage of methyl salicylate. This oil has pain-relieving properties similar to aspirin.
- Chamomile - Is well known for its effective anti-inflammatory properties. Helps to relieve muscle pain and spasms, low back pain, headaches and pain caused by PMS.
- Rosemary - Rosemary is a very effective remedy for headaches in addition to joint and muscle ache and pain. It can be used as well for enhancing memory, concentration and mental alertness. It also has an antidepressant effect.
It seem that essential oils can work miracles. There are so many things that they can do for our home, our beauty and our health and pain relief is one of the main awesome uses that the potent fragrant oils are capable of