Essential Oils For Pain
The uses for essential oils (both for health and emotions) are vast and diverse. Whether it’s mild or chronic pain, essential oils can provide pain and tension relief while reducing inflammation in a range of ailments. Have arthritis, swelling, muscle, joint, or back pain? Indeed, there are natural remedies out there that can in fact help you find relief.
A FEW EXAMPLES...
- Frankincense: A sacred oil used for centuries, Frankincense is commonly used for treating arthritis and general joint pain.
- Peppermint: Effective for treating general muscle pain, headaches and migraines.
- Eucalyptus: Among the more precious oils harvested, eucalyptus provides soothing and regenerative benefits.
- Lavender: With sedative properties, Marjoram assists in relieving muscle stiffness, arthritis, and migraines.
- Roman Chamomile: antispasmodic, menstrual cramps, sedative, relieves anxiety/stress, insomnia, great for children (comforting, soothing), anti-inflammatory)
These powerful oils can help you manage pain in a 100% natural and healthy manner. For instance, rather than popping a couple Tylenol, try rubbing Peppermint on your temples to get rid of that mind-numbing headache. Arthritis, joint pain, or muscle aches? Massage a quality blend of oils to relieve discomfort in the affected area.
My 3 Top Essential Oil Techniques For Pain
Massage Clove Oil Into The Affected Area - Clove oil is a popular essential oil with strong antibacterial, antimicrobial and hemostatic properties that is used to counter inflammation. Apply small quantities over the painful muscle or joint to avoid skin irritation or you can dilute clove oil with a carrier oil (such as coconut oil) if you have sensitive skin. Add up to 12 drops of clove oil to 2 ounces of carrier oil and massage it into the affected area.
Bath Soak With Oils: Pain involving many joints is best relieved by taking a warm bath in water blended with essential oils. Mix 2 drops of rosemary, 4 drops of juniper berry, 2 drops of cypress, 2 drops of lavender and 1-2 cups of bath salts. Make the bath salts by mixing Epsom salt and baking soda in equal amounts. Add a few flakes of sea salt and magnesium chloride, and pour the mixture into a tub. Fill the tub with water and allow it to blend for about 30 minutes before bathing.
Hot And Cold Compresses: Hot and cold compresses alleviate joint pain and adding essential oils improves the effectiveness of this therapy. Heat water to a favourable temperature. Select at least three essential oils and add 4 drops of each oil. Dip a towel in the water, squeeze out the excess water and place it on the affected area. Apply the hot pack for 15 minutes for each session, alternating with a cold pack after a few hours.